Today’s guest is a self-proclaimed money moron turned self-made millionaire. (All in 13 years!)
Scott writes at scottalanturner.com and podcasts at Financial Rockstar. Scott is a husband and father to twins. He helps people get the resources needed to being a rock star with money, paying off debt, and retiring early (just like him!).
In this episode we talk about selling the car, taking a loss, and driving a beater, how not having a car payment was the single greatest thing he did for his financial life, downsizing from 2200 square foot home to a 1,000 square foot home with squirrels in the attic, how he put 50% down on a house and paid off the entire mortgage 6 months later and even how to set goals.I don't have an identification with a car. -@scottalanturner #MoneyNerdsPodcast Click To Tweet A budget is something you do to get you to a goal you want to achieve. -@scottalanturner #KnowledgeBombs Click To Tweet
- Scott’s website: scottalanturner.com
- His podcast: Financial Rockstar
- Selling his car at a loss, and driving the beater
- The single greatest thing he did for his financial life
- Downsizing from 2,200 square feet to 1,000 square feet with squirrels in the attic
- Putting 50% down on a home and paying it off 6 months later
- Inside look into how a self-made millionaire thinks and acts
- Goal setting and how he approaches creating goals
- What his biggest financial motivator was
And much more! If you are now part of #TeamScott, check out his website for more money inspo.
@theinstaguy.co– “I saved $400 by staying with a friend instead of paying for a hotel at a conference this weekend.” #MoneyWin
Thanks for listening. Don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast and leave a review. It means the world to me!