This episode is brought to you by the 5 Day Money Challenge. Get your shit together with money and increase your confidence in just 5 days. Go to whitneyhansen.com/moneychallenge to save your seat and join the fun.
Today’s guest is a rock star. Lauren Bowling started blogging in 2012 at L Bee and The Money Tree. Her blog caught so much traction that she quit her corporate gig and went all in teaching people about money, homeownership and side hustling through blogging.
In this episode we talk about the time she moved to New York with $300 in her pocket and a dream of becoming an actress, steps she took to overcome a shopping addiction, paying off $10,000 of credit card debt in 90 days, buying her home at 26, and even tips for bloggers and course creators. Her course Beginner Blog Accelerator is open for pre-registration through March 15 at a reduced price. So if you want in on this course, make sure you check out the show notes to learn more about the course and get your seat.
KNOWLEDGE BOMBSBeing an actress teaches you to put yourself out and deal with rejection. -@finbestlife… Click To Tweet If you don’t promote yourself, you might as well give up. -@finbestlife #TheMoneyNerds… Click To Tweet Having a home is an investment and when you sell you get that money back. -@finbestlife… Click To Tweet You can start a blog, but you have to stick with it for a couple months to see results.… Click To Tweet Do one thing everyday that helps you achieve your goal. -@finbestlife #TheMoneyNerdsPodcast Click To Tweet
- Lauren’s Website: FinancialBestLife.com
- Lauren’s Blogging How To Course: Beginner Blog Accelerator
- Resources mentioned in this podcast: financialbestlife.com/podcast
- Moved to New York with $300 in her pocket to pursue her dream of being an actress
- Paid off $10,000 of credit card debt (twice)
- Overcoming a shopping addiction + the steps she took to overcome the addiction
- Tips for making the transitioning from side hustle to full-time in business
- Her journey to homeownership at the young age of 26
- Hidden costs of homeownership
- Why she views her home as an investment
- Tips for creating a course
- Why everyone should create a vision board
And much more! If you are now part of #TeamLauren, check out her website to learn more about her story.
Ashley– “Husband’s credit card and dental bill will be gone in the next two weeks!” #MoneyWin
This episode is brought to you by Scott’s Cheap Flights. Travel internationally for next to nothing. The go-to resource I personally use to get notifications of great flight deals.
Thanks for listening. Don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast and leave a review. It means the world to me!